Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Turtle Kisses a Dock and a Wet Dog

Shaun spent his day putting the new decking on the dock.  My brother and his family will be here Saturday and he wants the dock ready so the girls can fish when they get here.  The drought was so bad last year that the pond had gotten really low.  Then we had ALOT of rainfall during construction that caused the pond to be red (imagine that) and murky.  I am happy to say that the water is finally clearing and even though we could sure use some more water, it is looking better.  


Awww, there are two turtles on the log in the water and I do believe they are kissing.  How sweet.... Spring is in the air!!    I had gone out to take a picture of the dock, not zoom in on kissing turtles, sorry you have to squint to see them.  It always surprises me how fast a turtle can move when you are running into the house to get another lense.  



Riker was SO excited to go see what dad was doing down at the dock. Of course no trip near the pond is complete with getting our feet wet {sigh} more dog baths this afternoon....




Here is my pretty guy.  He is such a sweet boy and a good poser.  Annie wanted nothing to do with the camera today. She just gets so excited she can't stand still long enough to have her picture taken.  Then I get the giggles and then....well you can only imagine the results.  Maybe next time.





We are enjoying our beautiful spring and excited we get to share it with family from Arizona soon.  They will be here for a couple weeks,  get ready to see some fun pictures.





Love and miss y'all


Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment