Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Challenge

Hi all!
What a beautiful day in East Texas!  Things are starting to bloom and we are even seeing a haze of green in the trees. Spring is here.
I have reconnected with a friend I grew up with.  Her name is Diane and her dad was our Pastor growing up. What an incredible man and wonderful family.  Great memories.  I have been following her daily photo posts and she has inspired me to do the same.  Thank you Diane!  Her photographs are just beautiful.  
From Diane's blog page:
 
"I love photography. I love looking at it. I love talking to people about it. I love taking pictures. I’ve just never been all that good at it. But I decided it was time to go to the next level, and actually practice more. The challenge to myself is to post a photo from my life…everyday. I’m intrigued to see where it will take me.
I invite you to join me in my adventure.
Diane"
Thank you Diane, I think I will.  When I read those words I felt as if I had written them myself. I feel exactly the same way and hope this challenge will help me refine some skills, make me more comfortable with my camera and different lenses and let me share a picture a day from my world. I also intend to let the photos do the talking.  My challenge posts will be different than my rambling blog posts. (Sorry I just have to ramble somewhere)
                           SO ~~ Here we go!


Our land used to be an old peach orchard.  It is beautiful this time of year
Love to y'all
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment