Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, March 23, 2012

How high's the water.....

Do you remember the Johnny Cash song "How high's the water momma?.......well it's two feet high and risin' "
Every time I see high water I am reminded of that song, and of my dad. Great days and great memories from a 33 record album. If you are too young to remember Johnny Cash and 33 record albums, please don't tell me how old I am, keep it to yourself because I already know and wouldn't change it for anything.

ANYWAY.....on to business. I have already posted my photo of the day but wanted to share this.

After our last rain storm, THIS is how high the water is...


This is our friend Jessica walking on water! She is actually standing on the boat dock behind their house on Lake Holbrook. Her husband Tim took this picture. Thanks for sharing Tim. (Personally, I have always felt like she could walk on water, but now we have proof!! *wink*wink*)


This is Tim and Jessica standing in front of the SAME dock she is standing on! I took this picture in December. Pretty amazing how much water we have gotten in a short time isn't it? NOT just enough to raise the lake level, but enough to COVER the dock! OR maybe she really is walking on water.....hmmmmm
This seemed like the best way to show you the impact of our latest rain storm. Amazing! The whole Texas rainfall/buckets of water falling from the sky thing truly amazes me.

Break out the rubber boots we are expecting another storm next week! Woohoo!

Jeanne

Posted using BlogPress from Jeanne's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment