Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh my my my

This was First Monday weekend in Canton, TX. What's Canton??? Only THE largest open air market in the U.S.!!! right here in Texas!!!! just 45 minutes from my house!!! Yippee!!! Anyway... After I have spent the day shopping in Canton I usually feel pretty good knowing I have done my part to stimulate the economy one junk sale at a time! Ha!


I am not sure what happened today. Typically when I shop Canton weekend it requires a shopping cart (industrial sized) and a couple strong guys to lug my junk out of there. Today I left empty handed. It felt foreign, almost surreal, but I actually pushed my empty cart back to the car and left with NOTHING. Are the planets out of alignment? World coming to an end? Or have I finally met my mental shopping quota? I hope this isn't the start of something permanent. Geez.....

I did however eat my usual Canton cuisine. Now before you gasp in horror at my diet today try to keep in mind I only do this a couple times a year. PLENTY of time for my body to recover in between fried sugar binges. There are ALOT of food vendors in Canton, here is the menu from one of my favorites AND where I ate today.


Sorry about the picture quality. I had a sweet tea in one hand and a fried Snickers in the other all while trying to steady my phone to take a picture. YES the name of this place is Big A'ss and YES I said fried Snickers, you do the math.
One thing I have learned about the south is that if you can't fry it....it ain't worth eatin'. (try to say that with a twang it will have more impact)
Fried Snickers are TO.DIE.FOR!!! They are a frozen Snickers bar on a stick, dipped in funnel cake batter and deep fried, then rolled in powdered sugar. All I can say is OH my my my. Gooey warm chocolate......ooooohh MY
With all that sugar coursing through my veins it's no wonder I couldn't focus and get serious about shopping! Maybe next time I will try a different strategy and shop first and then go for the fried sugar rush. Live and learn. *wink*

Shaun and I worked on landscape and flower beds this week trying to get ready for sod soon. We are both feeling those "landscape muscles" that haven't been used in a while.

Here is my little reminder to you for the weekend



We are looking forward to another beautiful weekend in east Texas. Temperatures in the high 60's, perfect for more outdoor projects.

Enjoy your weekend
Love and miss y'all (that's the southern fried sugar talking) *wink*
Jeanne

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. This post made me smile the HUGEST smile ever!

    You are officially and forever a Texan, darlin!

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete