Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, March 23, 2012

Azalea Trails Part 2

One of my ALL TIME favorite parts of spring in East Texas!
Eight miles of beautiful of Spring-time azalea blooms along the
red-bricked streets of Tyler, Texas 


 The Pyron's backyard, Stunning!


 Violin music accompanied us on our walk through the trails  LOVED it


My dogs would love this...WOW...OK maybe not a good idea



Historic homes with azalea plants that date back to the 1930's and 1940's

No trip to the Azalea Trails would be complete without a few Azalea Belles. True Southern Belles complete with lace umbrellas, white gloves and hoop skirts. Gotta LOVE the south.


They are 9th and 10th grade girls who are elected to serve as hostess'  throughout the azalea season.  Beautiful young ladies with style and grace. 
The homeowners along the 8 miles of trails put in so much time and effort making their yards available to people who come from all over to see the beauty.  Thank you to them for sharing. 
Did I mention it is one of my favorite events of the spring? 
I am sure I will go back a couple times before the blooms are gone.  There is always something to see.
Enjoy
Love to all of you
Jeanne
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. I'm so ready for spring flowers. Since it just snowed here this week, I think it will be a while before we see anything.

    ReplyDelete