Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Only in Texas

Not much to share today.  We are still waiting for the painter to finish so we can start the tile work.

I thought I would share some of the things I think, or at least hope, are seen "only in Texas".  Even after living here 2 1/2 years I am still amazed at some of the things we see while driving through the Piney Woods of East Texas. I have a file dedicated just to these things, like the 37 donuts shops in a 30 mile radius of here, all independently owned all VERY busy. Like the "antique" shops everywhere, the farm produce vendor who is selling ZOOKEYKNEE, etc. etc. Just fun things that make you go "no way, really?  turn this truck around we have to take another look"

Yesterday while driving around with friends from Colorado we came across this gorgeous cattle ranch
A Camel and a Zebra on a cattle ranch in Texas   hmmmm
Then of course my favorite is the "antique" store in Noonday, Texas
Yes, that is a lawnmower and a birdcage on the roof.  The inside looks just like the outside. Can I get a rebel yell?   Awesome!
The Yacht Club in the bayou of Uncertain, Texas.... I don't what else to say

Hope that little bit of Texas made you smile.  The house is coming along, the painters are putting the final coats of lacquer on the cabinetry and they are BEAUTIFUL!  Can't wait to share pictures with you.

Love and miss you,
Jeanne {{hugs}}

No comments:

Post a Comment