Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ninny's

Since the last time we talked winter has arrived in East Texas.  Ugh! We went from gorgeous 70 degree days to freezing our ninny's off!  44 degrees doesn't sound cold, especially to all  my northern family and friends, but factor in 100% humidity and what have you got???  FROZEN ninny's...that's what.
I must say I am not really sure what a ninny actually is, maybe a cross between our noses and fannies....Also if you think I have misspelled ninny's please feel free to enlighten me.... anyway...

The concrete guys who were scheduled (again) for Friday and Saturday didn't show up (again) 
Ya ya I get it we aren't their only job, things happen blah blah blah.  BUT I hope they remember that it WAS 70 degrees on Fri and Sat, when they were scheduled to be here, whose gonna freeze their ninny's off now?   (insert sarcasm)
Where the sidewalk should have been poured... grrrrrr
 As you can see, our winter storm that arrived Monday morning early brought rain, a lot of rain. Depending on the area, East Texas received about 4-5".  Some places in deep east Texas (further south) received 8" of rain in the last 48 hours. I think that is more than Colorado's average rainfall in a year.  That's a whole lotta water falling from the sky people! 

Saturday and Sunday Shaun and I took full advantage of the beautiful weather and painted the garage and garden storage room.  The garage doors will be installed next week and the ceiling needed to be painted before then.  The painters are working inside the house so we decided we could do the garage. 
Shaun doing the one thing he despises, painting! We tried to chose a color that wouldn't show the red mud if any "happened" to get on the walls.
   
We also had a little interior paint issue this week.  The first color we picked was great until it got on the walls.  Dancing Deer was the name of the color.  A nice creamy brown with what was apparently hidden LILAC undertones. Lilac is a great color for a lot of things, little girls rooms, Victorian tea rooms,  1980's prom tuxedos, a brothel....but NOT our house.  We lived in deer country for years I have never seen one lilac tinted deer, come to think of it I haven't ever seen a deer dance either.... hmmm maybe I should have thought that through.    Oh well, back to Tyler today for another paint color and round two! 
Thank God for a VERY patient painter with a sense of humor.

Hoping to send you pretty progress pictures of something by the end of the week.
Praying for concrete and warm ninnys for everyone (except the concrete guys) sorry I couldn't resist, ha!
Love and miss you all
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment