Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Growing up

Well, the house is starting to come together. While I have been laying tile I have had a lot of quiet time to think. After we have moved in and settled it will be time for me to get a little more serious about what I want to be when I grow up. What is next for me? I would love to have a photography studio incorporating period costumes and a live photo booth. BUT do I really want to be tied to a retail business????
Can I make location and prop photography work full time? It is SO much fun!



Of course there is the choice of re entering the real world and getting a real job with a real paycheck. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
I have taken the last 2 years off and have come to one conclusion, I am lazy!! I have enjoyed cleaning, cooking and puttering around, enjoyed time to do the yard work. I am looking forward to having a garden and preserving things for the coming year.
The thought of getting a real job is depressing to me BUT the reality is no one is going to pay me to putter around my house and yard. Who knows how long I can putter before I die of boredom?? Who knows!!! SO I guess I better suck it up and decide what I want to be when I grow up. Geez

I LOVE to share the things in my world through the camera lense...What to do?
I know....I know...... I need to focus..... literally!!! HA!

I have found a name for my new photo adventure, Brick Road Photo, and have even started a photo website with some of the photos I have taken. (I know, cart before the horse) www.brickroadphoto.smugmug.com Why Brick Road Photo? I adore bricks! Kind of weird huh? The area of Texas we live in used to be the home to several brick foundries. In fact several of the roads in some areas are still red brick. These brick roads are still being preserved and cared for. There is a romance, a nostalgia if you will, for me about these roads and the people who used them to build this part of Texas. I should also mention that I am a HUGE Wizard of OZ fan! That yellow brick road just begs me to follow it, AND take pictures of what I see along the way!


 
 I have decided I might just adopt this saying as my own! I only have to hang in there until August. Hmmm ....decisions... decisions

Love to all of you
Jeanne

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Why do you have to work? I am so envious that you can just stay home and enjoy life. This working 8 - 5 SUCKS. and on weekends so tired from working and trying to do errands and then it's monday again. Bah. this is no way to live. Enjoy your gardening and baking. I wish it were me. There is no rule book that says you have to grow up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I am looking forward to doing yards and garden this spring. HOWEVER I also need to finance that shopping habit I have hmmmm What to do...what to do...
      Take care

      Delete