Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What have you done?

Hi all!

As most of you know I love my guys!  My dear hubby and 2 sons are the center of my world. I am so proud of all of them! However, I will admit that there has been more than one occasion in their life and in 31 years of marriage when they have caused me to have this very thought "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"  Hopefully this will give you some insight on one of those WHYD moments and why a little faith goes a long way.

We moved to East Texas from Colorado on faith alone.  We didn't know anyone, no immediate job to go to, in fact I hadn't even seen the house we had purchased until the day we moved in.  I know, brave huh? We were so drawn to this area it is unexplainable.
See my guys had come here to hunt and had gotten lost and saw this house they loved. (We had no idea 3 months later it would become our home)  They LOVED East Texas at first sight!  Our house in CO sold very unexpectedly and suddenly we needed a place to live and Shaun thought Texas was the place to be.  BUT  Was the house he (they) loved still available?  Good news, it was... we made an offer on the house, within 2 hours the offer was accepted, and within 24 hours we had sent the necessary documents and check over night. 
We had just bought a house in Texas, site unseen!! 
The drive from our house in Colorado was 1602 very long miles, with 2 dogs, 2 cats, a HUGE UHaul truck pulling a trailer and my car all stuffed full!  Both boys would make the move about 6 weeks later.
After that many hours in the car I was getting pretty anxious to see the house.  The country road you have to take to get to Karah Lane is...well...let's just say NOT that hot.  In my exhausted state I remember thinking "Boys... what have you done". 
THEN we turned onto Karah Lane.....it was like being in a whole other world.  14 beautiful brick homes set in the woods, all with manicured yards and fall decorations on every porch and front door.  I must say it was almost magical.  Picture perfect! 
We pulled into the driveway, (I am sure we looked like the Grapes of Wrath meet The Clampits) took a VERY deep breath and after peeling ourselves out of the car it was truly time to see "what they had done".  LET ME TELL YOU  they DID GOOD!  What a beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood that we would soon find out was full of the most amazing friends and neighbors we had ever meet.

In CO we had always lived out in the country. We had not had trick or treater's in 20 years. SO when the neighborhood kids from Karah Lane came all dressed up for trick or treat just after we moved in, it was pretty exciting!  Not sure who was more excited me or them, but such a great memory.

Well....last week we sold our home on Karah Lane and will soon start another adventure in a little place called New Hope, Texas.  I will always cherish every memory Karah Lane has given us. BUT will cherish the friends I have made here even more. Ok  a little FYI,  New Hope is only 12 miles north of Karah Lane but I am having a little trouble with it....

This neighborhood and it's incredible people helped me heal in a way I didn't think possible, they renewed my faith in people and even helped me renew the commitment to my beliefs and my faith in general. I need a whole new post to tell you about these people so I will save that for the future. 

I will always have a soft spot for Karah Lane and will never forget that day in the fall when we rounded that corner and saw what turned out to be a life changing experience for us. 

.......and to my Guys....y'all did good! 



   George Michael said it best... Well you gotta have Faith Faith Faith


P.S.
YES it is still blistering HOT in TEXAS!  I am trying to have a little faith that this has to end soon!

Love y'all
Jeanne
"No rain...No rainbows"

2 comments:

  1. this post made me cry! i'm so happy for y'all, but i'm gonna miss you! thank goodness you aren't moving too far from us folks here on karah lane!

    you were brought here for a reason!

    love ya,
    cristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. aawww thanks Cristi. I am sorry I made you cry, I have been doing a bit of that myself! Thank fully cardboard is absorbant ha! I am so blessed to have you in my life
    Love ya back
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete