Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Toadeo

Hi all,
Last night we had an unexpected visitor. Herbert, one of the resident patio toads came IN to see us.  I opened the door to let the dogs out last night and just as I did in came Herbert! He was on my foot and across the floor very quickly,  {{shudder}}  I can't say that I blame him it was still 100 degrees outside last night at 10:00 wouldn't you head for the air conditioned house? 
(BTW Will someone please turn the heat down?) 
Regardless of how hot it is, NO TOADS IN MY HOUSE!   I screamed, Shaun and Jeremy didn't even flinch, in fact their eyes never moved from the TV!  They assumed it was the dog yipping, REALLY? apparently I have GOT to work on my screaming skills!  Anyway, I finally got their attention, and between Jeremy, the three dogs and the cat going after the toad we had quite a little toadeo in the kitchen!  Shaun never missed a single minute of TV and the toad is safe and back out on the patio where he belongs.  All is well and thank you Jeremy ;)




        Herbert ~~ a face only a mother could love


I am off to pack more boxes and prepare for the movers Saturday.  I hope the people buying our house will take good care of Herbert.  How can you not love that face?


A little thought for the day ~~
Are you the kind of person you would want to get to know?


Love to all,


Jeanne
"No Rain...No Rainbows"

1 comment:

  1. you just keep herbert over on your side of the street, ya' hear? LOL or, move him with you to the new place! i'm sure he would love a change of scenery!

    dreading saturday,
    cristi

    ReplyDelete