Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Monday, August 8, 2011

Thanks Mom!

Today's post is dedicated to my mom.  I am currently very "mom sick".  I need to make a trip to Colorado soon and get a mom fix.  Besides getting to spend time with an amazing woman, she spoils me rotten with her pampering and cooking.  THE best fried chicken ever!  German Chocolate cake from scratch, beautiful golden dinner rolls, lasagna, Boston cream pie...the list is just too long, but trust me everything that comes out of her kitchen is down right amazing!  Everything tastes better when your mom makes it for you.

Today I owe her a great big thank you! 49 years ago she brought me into this world.  Over the years she has taught me what unconditional love truly means, what being gracious is and how important it is to have God in our life.  She is the perfect example of honesty, kindness, and caring.  I can only hope to be the amazing person that she is.  No matter what, good or bad she is always there for me. PLUS I figure anyone who can put up with and support my constantly changing/moving life and my ongoing pursuit of trying to figure out "what I am going to be when I grow up" deserves a medal!  HA!

Thanks MOM, you ROCK!





Not so sure my sisters are too thrilled she brought me home!

CAKE!!!
 



Today I am thankful for so many things.  I am thankful that I GET to be 49 when so many have had to leave this earth too soon.  Thankful for all of my family and extended family.  Thankful for the incredible people that have crossed my path that I am proud to call my friends.  
So many people dread birthdays, dread getting one year older.  NOT ME!  Without birthdays there would be no birthday cake.  SO I say bring it on!

I am truly blessed 


Jeanne
"No Rain...No Rainbows"

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!! Love Ya
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday again! hope you have a fabulous and fun day! and i hope you get your "mom fix" very very soon!

    love ya,
    cristi

    ReplyDelete