Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Great News!

Good morning all!

My sister in law Stacey called, she had her last radiation treatment!  The prognosis looks good and she will need to take a medication  daily for the next 5 years, but the radiation is OVER. 
Earlier this year she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  They preformed a lumpectomy. She then endured radiation treatments for almost 6 weeks, once a day every day. 
She still has several milestones to conquer over the next 5 years but I know getting the radiation treatments behind her is a great relief. 
Her recovery from the treatments will take a while.  I am so very grateful that she is in great physical condition and I know this will help her recovery and the healing process.

I am so very proud and touched by the strength of this family. I am amazed at Stacey's strength and determination.  She met this head on and together she and Kirby have kept life as normal as possible for the girls.   I am so very touched by Kirby's love and devotion to her through this.  Being there for every treatment he could be there for, being by her side and sharing his strength with her.

We are very grateful we got to spend time with them this summer.  To have one on one time with Stacey and the girls to get to know them better.  When you live so far away from each other and everyone is busy raising kids and taking caring of life in general, I don't think we really "get to know" each other.  Our time with them was incredible, something I will always treasure. 

                            Stacey and Jamie, East Texas  July 2011

I am reminded that we should make the effort to stay close with the people we care about in our life regularly, not just when there is a crisis to rally around.  Even if it is just a quick note that says "I am thinking of you today" it is still so very important.  We need to make sure the people we love KNOW they are important to us, KNOW how much we love them, and we aren't just assuming they know.

I want to thank everyone who kept Stacey, Kirby and the girls in their prayers through this difficult time.  GOD is good, He hears our prayers and answers them and I thank Him for being with this special family every day.   We are all truly blessed.


Stacey, I am so sorry for what you have had to go through, but I know in my heart that God was there with you, helping you along the way.

Way to go girl.........YOU ARE SURVIVOR! 


Remember to tell someone today how special they are to you.  You don't need a reason to do it, just DO IT!


Love to all,

Jeanne
No Rain....No Rainbows


 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment