Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reconnected!!

Hi all!

Woohoo! We are finally reconnected..ish!
  
We now have satellite internet, sometimes faster than what we had before, most times not so much.  I am having a little trouble steaming Netflix and other things so if you have any suggestions please let me know.  Hughesnet assures me I should be able to do it "with ease".  Maybe their definition of "with ease" varies from mine. 

The move went well and we are almost recuperated.  The dogs are still a bit confused and keep running to the car to "go home" when ever we let them out. 
Poor babies.

Jeremy is just about 2 weeks +/- from being in his new home.  I will be sure to give you the grand tour when it is complete.  Shaun has been tiling like a mad man to get the bathrooms ready and seems to spend alot of time on the phone scheduling the next subcontractor. Everyone has done such a nice job and been so easy to work with.  Last week they hooked up the A/C unit and Shaun is one happy camper!  Working in this heat was killing him.

Our little temporary house, aka the pool house, is pretty cozy with us and 3 dogs.  Molly, Jeremy's BIG lab is living with us until his house is complete, Yikes! Such a big, sweet, hairy girl  ;)
Jeremy has gone to stay with friends. (smart guy)  Not sure what we would do without his friends Jaques and Lauren.  They are always there for Jeremy.  Good people!  

Thought I would share the sunrise from our front patio yesterday.  This will be the view from the front door of the house when it is built.  


I took the picture with my phone so it isn't very clear, but have since located my good camera and am ready just in case it happens again...and I KNOW it will  :D  

It is still HOT out, very very HOT!  It looks like fall outside already.  The trees and beautiful East Texas green foilage are dieing from lack of moisture and too much heat.  Not sure we will get much of a fall this year in terms of color but I am still anxiously awaiting the season and cooler temperatures. 

Love to all
More to follow

Jeanne
"No Rain...No Rainbows"

1 comment:

  1. Girl, sometimes you gotta hold your mouth just right and break out the aluminum foil to get that internet to workin' right, haha!!!! LOL

    Miss y'all so much... so jealous of your gorgeous sunrise! What a way to wake up in the morning!

    Love,
    Cristi

    ReplyDelete