Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It worked!

Good morning!

I have to tell you about a great website called pinterest. I am totally addicted. It is like a big bulletin board. People post everything from craft ideas, recipes, gardening, and fashion to the latest tech stuff. You have to take a look if you haven't already.
Go to www.pinterest.com I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have gotten some great recipes and even some awesome design ideas for the new house.

One of the things I saw there last week suggested a used dryer sheet to remove water spots from glass. I am the original skeptic so assumed there had to be a catch. OH MY GOSH it worked!
See before we moved into the pool house the boys used the shower here after hunting and Shaun after working. Sounds weird I know but when you work outside here you end up soaking wet from the humidity, NOT how you want to drive home. Talk about cleaning out your pores.
Anyway, needless to say the clear glass shower door had never been wiped down and wow the spots were bad. I cleaned it but still some spots remained. :( and then I remembered the dryer sheet idea. It worked awesome and the glass shower is crystal clear! I love when things work and with no residue, smelly chemicals or expense.

Have I mentioned recently how blasted HOT it is here? It was 108 here from 1:00 to 6:00 yesterday. Today is supposed to be even hotter, tomorrow even hotter than today. UGH. The NWS has issued a heat advisory, I assume because we are "lucky" enough to have humidity today. (Sorry, the heat has made my sarcasm level rise ALOT)

I am off to Jeremy's house, before it gets too hot, to make a shopping list for light fixtures, door and cabinet hardware, and closet stuff.
He is getting SO close to finished. Exciting!!!

Take care and stay cool
To my Colorado and Utah family and friends...cool your feet in the creek for me.

Love to all
Jeanne
"No Rain....No Rainbows"

- Posted using BlogPress from Jeanne's iPad

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and now you got ME addicted to Pinterest too! I love it!

    I tried the dryer sheet thing, and it didn't work. But, I used a new one... guess I missed the note about needing to use a USED sheet! Gonna try it again! Thanks!

    Love,
    Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Cristi. You do have to rub kind of hard but I am thrilled it worked!
    BTW....welcome to my addiction! I am love love loving Pinterest! So many ideas, so little time
    Love ya
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete