Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Monday, October 17, 2011

Two years

Hi and Happy Monday October 17!

Today is a special day for us.  Two years ago today we moved to Texas! Here is a copy of what what I blogged earlier about that experience. (August 6, 2011 What Have you Done)

.....THEN we turned onto Karah Lane.....it was like being in a whole other world. 14 beautiful brick homes set in the woods, all with manicured yards and fall decorations on every porch and front door. I must say it was almost magical. Picture perfect! ....... 
.....What a beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood that we would soon find out was full of the most amazing friends and neighbors we had ever met.
In CO we had always lived out in the country. We had not had trick or treater's in 20 years. SO when the neighborhood kids from Karah Lane came all dressed up for trick or treat just after we moved in, it was pretty exciting! Not sure who was more excited me or them, but such a great memory......
......This neighborhood and it's incredible people helped me heal in a way I didn't think possible, they renewed my faith in people and even helped me renew the commitment to my beliefs and my faith in general.
I will always have a soft spot for Karah Lane and will never forget that day in the fall when we rounded that corner and saw what turned out to be a life changing experience for us........


The last two years still amaze me.  We have been blessed beyond anything we could have imagined.  Thank you to our Texas friends for making us feel welcome.  Opening up your homes and hearts to us when we needed it the most.  Y'all are incredible people who deserve all the good that can come your way.  
AND to our families and friends who thought we were nuts for leaving the place we had called home for 19 years.....
Don't worry...WE LOVE IT HERE!  Please come visit anytime.

We got back home yesterday afternoon from our whirlwind vacation to Arizona, Utah and Colorado.  When we crossed that Texas line it struck me... we ARE home.... it was a nice feeling.  We feel more comfortable and more a part of this area than many of the places we have lived.  Thanks in part to those wonderful people on Karah Lane who accepted us AND put up with our never ending string of questions.  Things like:

What is this bug?
What is this spider?
What is this tree?
What is this bush?
What is this BIG bug?
What is a hootenanny?
What is a baelle?  (that's bell with a twang) Love you Kathy
Is this weather normal?
What is a mudbug?
They do what to the crawfish heads? 
How do I kill THE BIG bug?
Fixin??
The correct way to say  "Bless Your Heart"
You can fry that?
What is a purple hull pea?

Well you get the picture.  We still don't know "what that bug is" but we do know how to keep it on it's side of the door for the most part.
AND we have learned you can fry most anything with the right  batter and technique.

Kathy, Cristi, Janell, Kelly and Nancy.... I love you girls, you will always have a special place in my heart.  You bring the meaning of a gracious neighbor to a whole different level.  To our Mineola friends the Tyndall's  YOU guys (translation y'all) rock!  We are looking forward to having all of you in our lives for a long time to come.
You have all shown us through your kindness, that GRACE is a way of life for all of you.  Thank you.



OH!!   LAST BUT NOT LEAST....We have learned the difference between sweet tea and sweetened tea and oh my.... I am addicted to sweet tea... mmmm good lesson learned.

Texas has been good to us.......y'all :D

Love and miss ya
Jeanne
P.S.  See you on Halloween Karah Lane.  I wouldn't miss those trick or treaters for anything!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jeanne! I love you so much... and the neighborhood just isn't the same without y'all! Priscilla misses the furry May's the most!

    Can't wait to see you on Halloween! Love you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way... that comment was from me! (Cristi) Duh!

    I don't know why, but this is the first time in a long time it has let me leave a comment on your blog! Weird! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, love & miss you too! Y'all are so special to us & we miss having you here, the neighborhood isn't the same without y'all!!

    ReplyDelete