Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, October 21, 2011

Paint

Hey!

Well, we are at that stage of the building process I have a love hate relationship with, picking exterior paint colors.  Ugh...  I have seen houses I love, but how do you match something in a picture?  What if they get the whole house painted only to find out that the particular brown you picked makes the white look dirty or the white makes the taupe look gray or green AAAHHHH!  I know I know I am making this WAY too hard.  I need a professional.....in more ways than one  ;-) 

They started painting yesterday morning.  It's hard to tell at this stage because of the primed (yellow) areas and the roof paper, but here is what we have so far.

The trim will be an off white and where you see the white paper on the wall will be stone.  The colors are called timber Bark (dark brown) Monterrey Taupe (main siding) and cobblestone (the white) 
I am hoping when the weatherwood shingles are on and have covered up that brown roof paper it will look better and hopefully pull it all together.

The plumbers, electricians and HVAC all finished their "rough in" work today and the cabinet guy has been here to measure.  The roofers will be here next week and so will the insulators. Then it's drywall time!
As soon as the drywall people start, Shaun and I will start on the landscaping.
The weather is perfect to landscape, and we REALLY need to cover up some of this pretty red dirt with pretty green grass that won't blow into every open window!

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend.

Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment