Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Update

Things are really happening at the house today.  The painter has everything caulked and puttied and will start putting the finish on the kitchen cabinets and built-ins first thing in the morning.  I can't wait to see everything finished. The cabinetry is knotty alder (easy on the knots)  The front door is mahogany.  I tried to choose a finish that would compliment the alder and the mahogany. I think all of the color choosing is the hardest part of the building process.  It is so hard for me to see a small square of color and a small square of granite and a small square of tile and try to visualize it all together in big pieces that I get to live with for a LONG time!  yikes!  Scary!
                          Golden Pecan it is!
All of the drawers and shelves have been prepped and are ready to go.  Screws in the ends of every shelf to prevent finger prints and provide air circulation, how smart is that!? 
The concrete guys are here forming the stairs and entry walkways front and back. They are also getting the patio area ready for concrete and the future outdoor fireplace.
Shaun has almost gotten the retaining wall finished and it is beautiful! Part of today was spent running the main electrical conduit from the house to the pole.  That means permanent power soon!  woohoo! 

As for me, all I seem to do is shop...  and NO I am NOT complaining, hey we all have skills right? *wink*  All of the light fixtures and appliances have been purchased and either arrived or have been shipped.  This is one of my favorite fixtures
This is the pendant light for the sun room.  There will be three of them that hang over the window seat.  The glass is hand blown beaker glass and the bulb is an Edison bulb. That means you can see the filaments like an old antique bulb.  Very cool!

We are about to the point we have all of the pieces of the house puzzle, now they all just have to wait their turn to be put in place.  SO close but yet SO far.....  SO exciting to see progress.

Love to all of you
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment