Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, December 2, 2011

hurry up....and wait

Hi all!
This is the part of construction that makes me nuts!!  SO close and yet so far.  You rush and rush to make  all the decisions on flooring, painting, cabinets, etc etc and then you wait.  hmmmmm  No one has ever accused me of having patience, ever.  I have always known that was one of the reasons God gave me Shaun, the man has the patience of a saint, certainly enough for both of us.
Anyway, here we are with everything picked out, ordered and ready to install and I am ready to be in the house and there is still SO much work to do.  I know  from experience that this is the time during the construction process that things slow to a crawl.  Everything moves so quickly in the beginning, and then....we wait.   
Living in our little guest house has been great but I have run out of things to do pretty quickly.  I can think of a thousand things I want to do but what I need to do those things is packed away in storage. I don't remember the last house we built being this frustrating, but I was also working 12 hour days 6 days a week.  I didn't really have time to sit and think about the progress, it just happened. 
Oh my gosh!  I just realized I have WAY too much time on my hands!  Dangerous!  Won't be long and I will be blogging about how crazy busy I am putting the house together.  I guess I could always take up shopping as a profession!  ha! *wink *wink  

Speaking of shopping....
I went to First Monday Trade Days in Canton yesterday.  What an amazing, fun place. 
This is how the website describes trade days
  "The world's largest outdoor trade days takes placeThursday through Sunday before the first Monday of every month in Canton, Texas. Every month, thousands of vendors from across the country turn this friendly East Texas community into a shopper's paradise where you can find the rare antiques and collectibles, furniture, fine home decor, arts and crafts, clothing, jewelry, tools, produce, and much more."
http://www.firstmondaycanton.com/

We always try to take all of our out of town visitors to Canton Trade Days.  Where else can you buy a fried snickers at a place called Big A'ss (yes, that is how they spell it)  BBQ or how about Double Bubba's Texas fried frito pie or Famous Fried Avocado's?  All while shopping for everything from antiques to flip flops.  There is always a treasure to be found.  I even have a shopping cart, complete with cupholders, I push around when I go there.  I have been known, on occasion, to buy more than I can carry and the cart works great.   Maybe shopping as a profession could be a good thing to keep me busy, and it's only once a month how bad can it be?   HA!
    An ariel view of trade Days ~ 28 miles of walk paths ~ Shoppers heaven!

The weather here has been amazing! Beautiful clear, cool, fall days. We are expecting rain and a cold front over the weekend, winter might be arriving in Texas next week.
They were scheduled to start delivering our cabinets this week and have now put it off until the first part of next week.  We did get more stone for the retaining walls delivered today and are crossing our fingers for doors and trim today as well.  They were also supposed to be here yesterday..... patience  patience  patience.... this is all very normal in the building industry, I am just used to being the deliverer not the deliveree.  There is probably a lesson in this somewhere.  *sigh*

Have a fabulous weekend

Love and miss y'all
Jeanne

     

No comments:

Post a Comment