Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Friday, December 30, 2011

Progress!

Wow today has been a huge "progress you can see" day!  Shaun has spent most of the day on the equipment moving dirt and covering some of the red.  YES, I said COVERING  the RED!  WOOHOO!  It is starting to look like a yard and I even have two flower beds prepped and ready for sprinkling systems and plants.  I have also been working on caulking the rest of the garage, boring but necessary.

Inside they started on the cabinets!  They got stain on all of the cabinets and got them wiped down.  Tomorrow will be sand and seal and sand and seal and on and on until they are perfect.  I really like the guy working on the cabinetry.  He is such a perfectionist (right up my alley)  and his work is amazing.  AND he is a really nice guy, what more could you ask for?!
So here is what we have so far
  I am LOVING the color so far.  The Golden Pecan was a good choice for the alder.  Some red some gold, without being cherry and yellow.  PERFECT. 
These are some of the drawers from the kitchen.  Right now there are shelves and drawers strung everywhere and they all look great.

We have decided to celebrate New Years tonight and avoid the crowds and the drunk drivers of tomorrow night.  We are going to dinner and to Lowe's.  Now I know you girls are all very envious of our plans, but what can I say it's New Years and we really know how to live it up! *wink* HA!   New Year's Eve will consist of pushing the limit and staying up until 10:00  Such party animals!

Whatever your New Year plans are, be safe and remember someone in Texas loves you and thinks of you often.   ME!

Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year! The house is looking great! Love and miss you guys. Hope your year is full of amazing things. Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete