Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Good morning Boston, Day 2

Day two in Boston,
This is the Custom House Tower in McKinley square. The building was completed in 1849 and the tower was added in 1910. Cost to build then $1,076,000 It was built near the docks to collect maritime duties in the days of The Boston Clipperships. In other words today's "customs"




It is shown next to Faneuil Hall (the gold dome) and the marketplace Center. Great history, beautiful architecture.
Next we took The Bean Town Trolley (what else would it be called) on a city tour. We drove past several beautiful church's and very old graveyards. This monument caught my attention. Not so much the monument but the people. I suppose I should have pre-warned you, my vacay pictures aren't always typical tourist pictures. In all of my photography I believe in capturing what is real, happening in that moment, not just the pretty pictures, the real pictures. That being said.




This touched my heart. There is an inscription on the stone above her that says "He preached with spiritual power and led a great advance towards the Christian ideals" It is on the William Ellery Channing Historic Landmark at the Federal Street Church in Boston. Christian ideals? What do you suppose he would think of this scene?




Next up Copley square, The Trinity Church, Boston library and a noteworthy rabbit and turtle. Until then.... Remember all it takes is a smile to make someone's day, to let them know someone cares in what can be an uncaring world at times.
More to follow
Jeanne

~~All of the photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo. Thank you for not reproducing them without permission.~~ www.brickroadphoto.com
Posted by Jeanne from my iPad

2 comments: