Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Boston, Still Day 2

I am still on day 2 of Boston.  Sorry it is taking me so long to get through a travel day.  I would tell you I will be faster in the future, but there is no reason to start anything, even a blog post, with a lie *wink*
SO, Day 2 (part 2) starts off with us getting off of The Bean Town Trolley (such a cute name) in Copley Square.  Copley Square is surrounded by a remarkable number of important Boston educational and cultural institutions.  Beautiful! Here are a few of the things you can see while standing in the center of Copley Square.
The Trinity Church is Stunning! It is the only church in the United States and the only building in Boston that has been honored as one of the "Ten Most Significant Buildings in the United States" by the American Institute of Architects   It was built from 1872-1877  This is a picture of the street facing (back) side of it.

The stained glass in the church is beyond description. I will save that for a blog post in itself. 
Okay... Okay just a little sneak peak    Amazing!

 I love that the church reflection was so clean and clear in the new glass high rise building across the street!   

 The Boston Public Library. The inscription on the building says "The Library of the City of Boston Built by the People and Dedicated to the Advancement of Learning" It is one of the few remaining large free libraries.

Copley square is also where the Boston Marathon ends. These statues were erected in honor of the participants of the oldest American Foot Race, The Boston Marathon. Very Cool.  It is called "The Hare and The Tortoise"



What a beautiful place! So many historical buildings all perfectly kept and preserved.
Of course on our sightseeing tour we also saw "the Green Monster" aka Fenway Parks green wall, The Massachusetts State House, MIT, Paul Revere Park and SO much more.





While there, I developed an obsession with all of the metal utility covers in the streets.  Seriously I have never seen so many different types of manhole and utility covers. Many of them are laid into BRICK ROADS....be still my heart....TWO of my favorite things, bricks AND cool rusting metal things.     If you would like to see all of them  (I promise it's not as crazy as it sounds) you can see them on my blog posts on http://brickroadphoto.blogspot.com/2012/09/bricks-in-boston.html
I will NEVER forget where I took this one.  LOVE it!



Didn't I warn you that I don't take traditional vacation/tourist pictures? Ha! 
Our next stop will be Salem.  Hold onto your hats....just kidding that was a really poor witch joke.
Thanks for looking
Love and miss y'all
Jeanne
~~All of the photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property
of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo. Thank you for not reproducing them without
permission.~~ www.brickroadphoto.com

7 comments:

  1. Makes me want to go to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, It was amazing! You need to go if you ever get the chance. SO much history, can't wait to share Plymouth with you.

      Delete
    2. Jeanne,

      I LOVE Boston...one of my favorite places to visit!! Have a great time!

      Jeannie

      Delete
  2. Your pix of the reflection of the church is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a great time! Boston is beautiful

      Delete
  3. Fab post and blog! I love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete