Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November!

Hi all and Happy November!

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year. Fall in East Texas is spectacular!  Mums are everywhere in full bloom, the days are warm and the nights are cool.  Perfect!

Construction update
Last week the insulators came and went.    Not really very picture worthy.  Shaun has been doing alot of work on the backhoe connecting sewer and water lines and generally playing in the dirt.  He loves it!
We were scheduled next week for the guys to start hanging the drywall so we were going to do some work outsidewhile we waited.  Woohoo! they called Monday and asked if they could come early.  No arguments here for sure.  They will be here tomorrow and this pile of drywall aka sheet rock will turn into walls.  It will be SO exciting to have walls!
There is a stack in every room just waiting for some really strong guys to hang it on the walls and ceilings. Isn't it pretty??  Should take them the better part of the week.

I have been sick the last couple days and have taken a few naps during the day.  When I woke up today I realized napping during the construction process might not be such a good idea.  See I chose the colors for the rain gutters last week.  The guys were here to install them when I laid down for a nap but Shaun was out there so I figured all would be well....  This is what I woke up to
At first I wasn't sure how to approach the matter.  Had Shaun chosen this for a reason?  had I not made myself clear? white on white...clay on clay? So I walked around the house to see what the other 9 downspouts looked like.  AND to my surprise they all looked the same..........oh my Shaun what have you done?....
I decided the best way to approach the situation without offending someone (Shaun) would be to say,  "do they do all of their gutters like that"  and with a straight face Shaun said "No I told them to do it like that"  OK NOW what am I supposed to say....hmmm   Shaun finally broke and told me what happened but not before he made me suffer trying to come up with something neutral to say.  {{sigh}}
Come to find out the gutter company had received a bunch of the wrong color elbows and since we are expecting rain tomorrow and the new elbows won't be in until Friday Shaun had them put them up like that so the red dirt wouldn't splash up and stain the siding.  WHEW!    I am so thrilled I will not have to sneak out in the middle of the night with a screw gun and ladder and change all the gutters, hoping that Shaun will never notice.  Next time I am just going to say...what have you done?  He is probably used to it by now anyway.  Between him and the boys it's a sentence we use quite often around here.

November seems to be the time of year we focus on what we have to be thankful for, so over the next 30 days I am going to share some of the things I am thankful for and challenge you to do the same.   
Start each day with "Today I am thankful for.............."
I hope it makes you think how fortunate you are to have what you do in your life.

Today I am thankful for a husband who has a lot of common sense, no color sense but A LOT of common sense ha ha!

Love and miss you
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment