Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall in Texas

Hello world!
Sorry I have been away for a while. I have been a little (to put it mildly) under the weather for the last 10 days,  I am finally feeling human today.

Fall is glorious in East Texas!
I wanted to share a few fall pics that I have taken around the new house.
On the pond
Sweet Gum tree leaves  BEAUTIFUL

The most exciting part of these pictures is that this pond will be the view from our new sun room and kitchen!  I can't wait to sit on the window seat in the sun room with a cup of tea and enjoy these views from inside the new house.  Exciting!

The house is coming along well.  The drywall  is finished and the tape and texture guys should be here the end of the week.  Then Shaun and I will start trimming and laying the tile and hardwood floors.

Yesterday afternoon we got a very much  needed rain.  It poured! It was so nice to see it rain that hard.  EVERYTHING needed it.  You know that red dirt I love?  well....it makes the most amazing red mud (insert sarcasm) that sticks to everything and then stains what it has stuck to, i.e. socks, shoes, dogs, cars etc.  The dogs had two baths yesterday just so they could come inside.  Mind you, I am not complaining...just very anxious to get our grass in and cover up all of that "pretty" red dirt.

How is your "thankful" challenge coming along?   In case you missed it... I challenge you to find something each day that you are thankful for.  It's easy,  just finish this sentence   Today I am thankful for..........

Today I am thankful for the rain and the beautiful red mud that came with it! Because it's our red dirt and it's what colors our world for now. 

Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment