Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, February 16, 2012

It's a kitchen!!!

The kitchen is officially done! I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have a functioning kitchen. I LOVE the duel fuel range and the prep sink and the mixer lift and....well I guess you could say I LOVE the whole kitchen! See the microwave on the left of the picture? It is about 6" lower than standard micro height. I can actually see what's going on, and reach into the microwave, AND since I am about 6" lower than the average cook THAT is great! LOL!


Isn't that range beautiful! Thank you Bosch! I have spent the last 6 months cooking with a microwave, easy bake oven (small counter top oven) and a crock pot. I am in heaven! I am also really thrilled the tile is still on the wall. I have done floor tile before but never a backsplash so I was a little apprehensive. I still check it every morning just in case *wink*


Here is my favorite cabinet "goodie" in the island.


Hidden away, plugged in and ready to mix!


TADA! My pretty new red mixer on it's nifty new mixer lift, ready for action!!! Shaun bought this pretty red little gem for me for Christmas and I have been very anxious to use it! There is also a vertical cookie sheet storage area next to the mixer in the island. PERFECT for baking cookies...lots and lots of cookies!!!! Time to try out all of those new recipes on Pinterest!
We had an amazing cabinet designer and builder. He did such a nice job customizing the kitchen and the cabinet quality is great. Thank you Brad and Joe at Bent Creek Customs in Alba, TX you guys are the best!

Things are coming together, I hope to post more pictures tomorrow as we progress.

Love to y'all
Jeanne


4 comments:

  1. GREAT kitchen. Love the microwave idea! Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over all your house pictures! Love it all! So happy y'all are in and getting settled! The dogs must be thrilled with their new home, too!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristi. The dogs are very happy to be in their new home. They love their new kennel room and of course their new dog shower. The doggie shower is one of my favorite parts too! Come see us!
      Miss you

      Delete