Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, February 16, 2012

House update

WOW! the last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind! We got all of the tile and hardwood floors complete and the carpet layers arrived on schedule and did a beautiful job. Then the FUN began....we started the moving in process. Now I realize that most people can move in and settle over a couple of days time, HOWEVER, they obviously aren't as neurotic as I am! HA! I like to clean and reorganize as I go. It takes me longer but when I am finished I know (mostly) where everything is. Then I clean again and THEN I add the "fluff"
What is fluff? For us it is all of the treasures we have collected. The things that only have value to us. It's not just decorating, it's the things that make it feel like home. I have a tendency to be a little (OK ALOT) sentimental. The fluff part of unpacking is why I enjoy the unpacking process. It's like "sentimental Christmas" when you open a box and find a baby shoe or picture of your parents or grandparents. Then you find the perfect place to display those treasures, it's awesome!
I am slowly getting each room completed and "fluffed"


-The Master Bath. After using the little corner shower in the pool house for 6 months, the walk in shower is awesome!


The tile and granite in the Master Bath. I love the basket weave backsplash.


The guest bath. The backsplash and accent stripe in the shower are small pieces of granite. A little more contemporary for us than usual, but we love the way it turned out. Very masculine, so a little "fluff" was very necessary here.

Sorry I have not been very good at house updates. We don't have the Internet hooked up in the house yet so I have to go to the empty pool house to communicate. Hopefully they will be here the first of the week to make the internet transfer.

The painters are here doing final touch up inside and out. BUT the best part is the rock layers are making great progress on the front of the house and porch columns. Everyone who has worked on the house has been great, but I have to admit I am ready for everyone to go away. For everyone to be finished and leave so we can just enjoy the house.

One lesson learned on this move....remember to NOT pack the chocolate chips away in storage during 100+ degree weather. Is was sure good for a laugh when I opened that box to find one very large chocolate chip in the bottom of the box. Ha!! Chocolate fondue anyone?? *wink*

Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

More updates to follow.

4 comments:

  1. I have decided that when we build our cabin out here, you should come help us plan it. Your house is amazing, I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Thank you. I would LOVE to come help you plan and visit with you. Can we do it sometime in July or August when it is sweltering here and gorgeous there?

      Delete
  2. Love! looks very inviting...hint hint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume this is Tracy. If so, the invitation is always open!

    ReplyDelete