Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Monday, February 20, 2012

The fluffing continues

Good news..... We have blinds!!! The blanket held up with thumbtacks has come down, the blinds installed and they are beautiful! They are a plantation blind. A really nice streamlined look. They matched the trim color perfectly. Woohoo!
The fluffing continued today with unpacking, organizing and cleaning the master bedroom, closet and laundry room. I. LOVE. THE. LAUNDRY. ROOM! Tons of storage, bright and cheery and the perfect spot for our pretty blue washer and dryer. Our laundry room is off of the garage and has a lot of great built ins (thank you again Brad at Bent Creek Customs). The built in bench is so cute. Shaun is not a bead board fan but I was able to sneak a little into the wall behind the bench. It really added a nice touch to this room .






I also spent some time in the master bedroom. More time than I should have, really how many pair of socks can 2 people accumulate?? Anyway..... The lighter gold color is called peanut shell, the darker is peanut brittle. It was a color we used in our house in Maybell and loved it.



I still need to get some fabric on the master windows, but that will come in time. I can't wait to go shopping for THE fabric.
To all my friends and family in Colorado, I hope you are enjoying your new snowfall. 27" WOW! Everyone on the slopes are cheering, everyone in town is taking Motrin about now from all of the shoveling. Stay warm and enjoy!
It was very windy here today but in the low 60's. Tomorrow we may get to the 70's. AND yes I am happy to NOT be shoveling snow. *wink*
Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment