Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Thursday, September 15, 2011

We have concrete!

Hi all!
Our concrete guys rock!!  Once again they were ahead of schedule and they poured our foundation today instead of Friday!  I must say it is spectacular, but I'm sure I am partial since I'm it's "mamma" .  ;-)

Here is what it looked like at our house at 8:45 this morning


SEE even the concrete guys are excited!


By noon they had poured that last corner of the garage


It is a much cooler day with a bit of a breeze, much better than the 100+ temperatures we have had. The perfect temperature to pour in.
But NO RAIN!  Good and bad I know...we must be losing our touch.  Sorry East Texas, maybe we will get rain when they start to frame next week. I also plan on washing my car tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Other news to share:
Tuesday our friends and previous neighbors Nathan and Kathy Mouser welcomed a new grandchild into their life.  Easton Leigh made her appearance on the 13th which also happens to be Nathan and Nathan's mothers birthday. Natalie, Derek and big brother Trevor are doing great and Easton is just beautiful! Congratulations to a very special family.
  
The cooler weather has helped slow the fires that are burning in Texas and given the firefighters some much needed relief.  But we still need rain.

What an exciting day for us, more updates to follow 
Hope everyone is healthy and happy

Love and miss y'all
Jeanne

**PRAY FOR RAIN**

1 comment:

  1. that's the prettiest concrete slab i've ever seen! and i LOVE that you got the guys to pose for the camera! haha!

    can't wait for more updates!

    love ya,
    cristi

    ReplyDelete