Why I am here

This blog was started to connect with and keep family and friends up to date on life in Texas as I know it. A place to share my love for this area through photography, history, and stories of this adventure Shaun and I call life.... and what an adventure it is!
Warning: Some or all of this blog may contain nuts or stories of nuts, proceed with caution
Love to y'all

Monday, September 19, 2011

Randomness

Good morning and Happy Monday!

This is a rather random post filled full of random things, PERFECT for a Monday!

We found the front door for the new house!  Since the house has a craftsman style I decided this door would be perfect.  It is mahogany  with a V groove panel and I truly love it. Such a change for us after our last 3 houses huge glass doors, maybe that's why it calls my name. SO simple and SO perfect AND not as much glass to clean.  They should be ready to install it in a couple weeks.


I know I have mentioned the glorious red orange dirt that has filtered into every corner of our existence since we moved here.  Shaun spent the weekend laying the underground drainage pipes for the house.  By the end of the day the dirt had pretty much consumed any part of him that wasn't covered.  Good news....the majority of his "tan" washed off.  ;-)



Last night we had rain!!  We also had the most amazing lightning show I have ever seen.  For almost an hour it lit up the sky, stunning!  Hooray for the rain!

No matter where the week takes you, here is a little reminder.....

The third Monday is my day to play BINGO at the nursing home.  It is so nice to re-meet the residents every time I go.  Of course I re-meet a lot of them 6 or 7 times in the hour I am there. It really tugs at my heart.  However for them, it's like they had a lot of company in one day and they are thrilled.  

Have an amazing day

Love and miss all of you
Jeanne

*PRAY FOR RAIN*



1 comment:

  1. what a gorgeous front door! so pretty! i love your taste!

    glad shaun's "tan" wasn't permanent! hoping for cooler temps soon!

    priscilla misses y'all and so do i!

    love,
    cristi

    ReplyDelete